Recipe type: Side
- 1 pound sausage
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 8 cups dry bread cubes (about 14 slices bread)
- ¾ to 1 cup chicken broth or water
- Brown sausage.
- In the drippings sauté the onion and celery.
- At this point it may be refrigerated for a couple of days, or frozen for later.
- Reheat briefly when ready to finish.
- Mix the sausage-veggie mixture with the bread, and add enough liquid to the consistency you like.
- May also add one egg, beaten, if not going into the bird, for a fluffier stuffing.