Shells with Bacon and Cheese
Recipe type: Main
- Small pasta (shells, macaroni, bowties, or other small pasta)
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 oz. Grated cheese
- This is a real easy one that is a variation of homemade mac & cheese created by Mike.
- Start with some small pasta boiling.
- Make a rue with equal parts butter and flour (about 3 tablespoons each for a 4-person meal)
- Add about a cup of chicken broth to make a sauce and then add milk to get correct consistency
- Add some grated cheese a little at a time (I think I used about 4 oz.), waiting for it to melt
- Cook up some bacon and cut it into small chunks
- Mix the sauce, shells, bacon and some frozen broccoli or other veggies all together and bake at 325⁰ for 10-15 min.
- Turn on your broiler and let it crust over the cheese (watch this carefully).