Flourless Chocolate Cake
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips (or 8 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate)
- 6 large egg yolks
- 6 large egg whites
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 275⁰; with rack in center. Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Place butter and chocolate in a large bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until melted; cool slightly. Whisk in yolks.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually add sugar; beat until stiff and glossy. Whisk ¼ of whites into chocolate mixture; gently fold mixture into remaining whites.
- Pour into prepared pan; smooth top. Bake until cake pulls away from sides of pan and is just set in center, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve dusted with confectioners’ sugar.