Recipe type: Main
- 8-12 oz. shredded quesadilla cheese, divided
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp. Mexican oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted, peeled and cut into 12 strips
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Enchilada sauce—canned or homemade
- 12 corn tortillas
- Mix 8 oz of the quesadilla cheese, the cottage cream, sour cream, and spices.
- Grease a 9" x 13" casserole pan, and put a small about of enchilada sauce in the bottom.
- Lightly fry each tortilla (optional, but oh so much tastier).
- Put some of the cheese mixture on it, a strip of pepper, a couple of pieces of tomato, roll up and place on top of sauce in pan.
- When all tortillas are used up, pour remaining enchilada sauce over the top, sprinkle with remaining shredded quesadilla cheese, and bake at 350⁰ for 20-30 minutes.
Optional add-ins when rolling would be: Olives, minced garlic, canned green chilies instead of poblano peppers, a little bit of salsa, etc.