Cream of Cauliflower Soup
Recipe type: Soup
Serves: 6 Servings
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1 medium potato
- 1 large tomato
- 4 cups milk
- 4 minced green onion or scallions
- 1 Tbsp. minced parsley
- ½ tsp. savory
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Separate cauliflower into florets.
- Peel and dice potato.
- Skin and chop tomato.
- Combine milk, cauliflower, potato, tomato, onions, parsley, and seasonings in heavy kettle.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Pour through colander; drain off liquid.
- Reserve liquid.
- Place ⅓ of vegetables in blender with enough liquid to blend easily; process until pureed.
- Repeat process with remaining vegetables.
- Return puree and remaining liquid to kettle.
- Stir in cream gradually.
- Place over low heat.
- Heat through; stir frequently.
- Serve with bowl of grated Parmesan cheese to sprinkle over top, if desired.