Fusilli a la Caprese
From Giada de Laurentiis
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 lb. fusilli pasta
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, diced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8-10 minutes. Drain pasta into a large bowl and reserve ½ cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a medium skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper. As the tomatoes cook and soften, smash them with a fork. Continue to cook until the tomatoes make a chunky sauce, about 4 minutes. Transfer the tomato sauce to the bowl with the pasta. Toss to combine. Add the basil leaves and mozzarella. Stir to combine. Add the reserved pasta water, ¼ cup at a time, until the pasta is moist. Serve.