One Pot Jambalaya Pasta
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 8 Servings
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1½ lbs. chicken diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 white onion (or yellow) diced
- 1 lb. smoked sausage sliced
- 4½ cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups tomato sauce
- 10 oz. diced tomatoes with green chiles RO*TEL brand
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning Tony Chachere's is the best!
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. pasta noodles we like linguine or spaghetti
- 1 lb. shrimp uncooked, peeled, deveined (optional)
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large stockpot or large, deep-walled skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until white (it doesn't need to be cooked through).
- Add remaining ingredients EXCEPT shrimp and cilantro.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer* for about 20-25 minutes or until noodles become soft, stirring often. Add more chicken broth if necessary.
- *If adding shrimp, add it at about 10 minutes into the simmering process. The shrimp will need to simmer for 15 minutes to be fully cooked.
- Garnish with cilantro before serving.