Recipe type: Main
- 1 pkg. cheese tortellini
- 4-5 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flake
- 4 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- 6-8 oz. bacon, cooked
- ½-⅔ can chicken broth
- 2 egg yolks
- 1½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp. Black pepper
- Bring 4-5 quarts of water to a boil and add tortellini.
- Cook until done, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet until hot.
- Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and parsley.
- Cook until the garlic browns and softens, about 2 minutes.
- Crush up bacon and add to olive oil mixture.
- Add chicken brother and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until the broth reduces by half.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg yolks, mozzarella, and pepper.
- Add ¼ cup of the pasta water, whisking to avoid curdling the egg.
- Drain pasta and add to olive oil mixture, stirring to coat.
- Remove from heat, and then stir in egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with more parsley and serve.