Recipe type: Soup
- 16 oz. can of backfin or claw crabmeat (pick through to make sure you get all the shell out)
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 1 large zucchini or crook-necked squash, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups cooked ditalini pasta
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. dried sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tsp. salt
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Fresh basil, chopped (optional)
- In a large soup pot, sauté carrot, celery, onion and garlic until onion is translucent and the carrot has begun to soften, about 3½ minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring soup to a boil, reducing the heat to medium-low and allow soup to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil if you like.