Cider Glazed Pork Loin
- 1 boneless pork loin
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 shallots (one red onion will work as a sub)
- 2 cups apple cider
- ½ cup apple butter
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Pat the loin dry, salt and pepper, then brown on all sides in the oil- about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer, fat side down, to baking dish.
- Roast about 25 minutes, until the internal temperature is 85⁰.
- Cook the remaining oil, shallots in skillet til brown (use the same one from browning) til golden brown.
- Move heat to high, add cider to deglaze, then apple butter and bring to a boil.
- Reduce for about 5-10 minutes.
- After pork roasts the 25 minutes, begin to glaze the pork with apple mixture about every five minutes.
- Cook until the internal temperature reaches 145⁰.
- Let rest 15-20 minutes under loose foil before serving.