Recipe type: Soup
- 2-4 oz. meat per person (Bottom round is good if you don't have "stew meat")
- 1- 1½ potatoes per person
- 1- 1½ carrots per person
- Onion, to taste
- Mushrooms, if you like
- Celery, if you like
- Worcestershire sauce, if you like
- Salt and pepper to taste
Now for the fun: the gravy
- Mushroom soup (1 can for 1-4 people), some water, and onion soup mix
- Beef broth for cooking, and then 2-4 tablespoons flour mixed with ½ c. water, until smooth, stirred in the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- A hybrid of the above, to your liking
- Brown meat and onions together (if you like), and then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover, bake in oven for 2-6 hours at 300-350. Slower time, lower heat equals more tender meat, usually.
- Dump everything in the crockpot for 8-10 hours on low or 5-6 hours on high
Remember, time and temp will vary based on amount you are cooking in either option above. I'm guessing on 4+ servings at the above times and temps.