Mom's Funeral Potatoes
This is from Terry Peterson's Low on the Go cookbook.
Recipe type: Side
Serves: 8 Servings
- 1 2 lb. bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 can (low-fat) cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint (fat-free or low-fat) sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. dried onion
- 2 cup chopped cooked ham (optional)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¾ cup crumbled cornflakes
- Pour hash browns on bottom of 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Mix together soup, sour cream, onions, cheese and ham.
- Pour this over the potatoes and toss lightly.
- Sprinkle with cornflake crumbs and cover with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 350⁰ removing foil for last 20 minutes.
Higher fat version: Melt ½ stick of butter and drizzle over everything before putting it in the oven.