3-Cheese Noodle Casserole
From Terry Peterson's Low on the Go cookbook
Recipe type: Main
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 3 Tbsp. dried onion (or ½ fresh onion chopped)
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. EACH basil and oregano (optional)
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 8 oz. cans tomato sauce
- ⅓ c. bell pepper
- ¼ c. green onion
- 2 c. cottage cheese (or 1 c. cottage cheese and 8 oz. cream cheese)
- ½ c. (low-fat) sour cream
- 12-16 oz. Noodles, cooked and drained
- ¾ c. shredded mozzarella cheese or ¼ c. grated parmesan cheese
- Brown hamburger and drain fat.
- Add tomato sauce and spices.
- In a bowl mix together cottage cheese and sour cream.
- In a 9" x 13" baking dish, spread half the noodles, then half the meat sauce and all the cottage cheese.
- Finish with the rest of the noodles and meat sauce.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Bake at 350⁰ for 45 minutes. Serves 6.