Recipe type: Soup
- 3-4 potatoes cubed
- 2-3 celery stalks chopped
- 1 onion diced
- 1-2 can(s) of clams (I use the Bumblebee Fancy Whole Baby Clams and chop them – they have a better flavor)
- ½ lb. bacon, chopped
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 1 tsp. chicken base
- 1 qt. half and half
- In a small saucepan, cook until tender (about 15 minutes): potatoes, celery, onion, juice from can(s) of clams, and enough water to almost cover.
- Cook bacon. Remove meat and drain grease.
- In the same pan, melt butter.
- Add ½ c. flour and chicken base.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in half and half.
- Continue to stir until thick.
- Add bacon and the vegetables (with water) from above.
- Add chopped clams and season to taste with salt and pepper. (Sea salt makes a difference, if you have it.)