Lemon Drop Cookies
Author: Grandma Rodeback
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 3-4 dozen
- ½ cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel (grate before cutting lemon)
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- (Put a little extra peel, you can cut the nuts to ½ cup.)
- In a bowl cream margarine and sugar until well blended. Beat in egg. Stir in lemon peel, juice, and nuts.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Blend well.
- Drop with teaspoon on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 350⁰ for 10-12 minutes. They should brown only slightly. Cool on rack.