- 1 onion chopped
- 2-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- Chicken (enough for everyone)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1½ cups rice
- 1 bay leaf
- Shrimp (enough for everyone)
- Sausage or ham (enough for everyone)
- Sauté veggies.
- Add chicken and sausage or ham, and brown the meat.
- Add the broth and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and add the rice, and a bay leaf if desired.
- Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is done.
- Turn off the heat, add the shrimp, and let the shrimp steam until pink.
- Remove bay leaf, stir, and enjoy.