Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup (I use cream of chicken)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning (I use 1 Tbsp. of my homemade taco seasoning)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can beans, black or pinto (optional)
- Cilantro, for serving (optional)
- Put chicken, soup, and salsa in slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over everything. Cook on low for 6 hours. If shredding the chicken, pull the breasts out and shred; return back to slow cooker. Stir in sour cream and heat just until everything is combined. Serve over rice or in tortillas or leave chicken unshredded for each person.
The first time I made this it was a little too spicy for the kids so the second time (when you tasted it) I used much less of the seasoning and it was a little weak. So just do it to the taste of your family.