Creamy Tuscan Tomato Soup
This is from the Chefs Table restaurant in Provo, UT.
Recipe type: Soup
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large onion, chopped
- 5 cups diced and seeded tomato (I used 3 14 oz. cans drained diced tomatoes-still winter where I live)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- 1 cup basil pesto
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a medium large soup pot.
- Add onions and cook over medium-low heat until completely translucent.
- Add tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add whipping cream.
- Add pesto.
- Blend to desired consistency with hand blender, food processor or blender.