Chicken (or Turkey) Bundles (or Rollups)
Recipe type: Main Dish
- Mix together:
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 (8oz.) Cream cheese, softened
- Milk, if needed to make a creamy filling
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pkg. Crescent rolls-or you favorite roll recipe
- 2 Tbsp. Melted butter, optional
- 1 cup dry crushed dressing, optional (can substitute with Panko breadcrumbs)
- Open the 16 crescent rolls (or roll out your own dough).
- Spoon filling mixture (about 1 heaping tablespoon) on each roll.
- Fold and stretch roll over filling to form a "ball."
- Roll in melted butter and then in crushed dressing. (I never do this step).
- Bake at 350º for 30 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Serve with chicken gravy, canned or homemade; or 1 can cream of chicken soup diluted with ½ can water.