Recipe type: Dessert
- 8 oz. chocolate
- 1½ cups whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 2 eggs, separated (keep both yolk and egg)
- 2 Tbsp. coffee or rum (optional)
- Using the double boiler method, melt the chocolate until smooth. At the same time, whip the egg whites in one bowl and the whipping cream in another- fold together after they have been whipped to form stiff peaks.
- Add the coffee, if desired, and the powdered sugar to the chocolate, add the egg yolks when chocolate has cooled sufficiently, working quickly to avoid scrambling the eggs.
- Fold the cream/egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture, mix thoroughly without over beating as that will deflate the cream and eggs. Let sit in fridge until set, at least two hours.