Theoretical Chicken Enchiladas
This is an updated version of Chicken Enchiladas without the processed stuff.
Recipe type: Main
- 4-6 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1-2 can(s) cream of chicken soup (I can't remember how much)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cans chopped chilies
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 corn tortillas, torn in half (they cook better)
- I've started replacing many of my canned soups with a variation of white sauce, depending on what I'm making.
- For this recipe, I would probably use 3 tablespoons each flour and butter.
- When they're cooked together, I would then add a cup of milk and a cup of chicken broth.
- Then season to taste.
- You could also add some sour cream to the sauce, for a smoother and richer sauce.
- You can use any cheese that suits your fantasy. I like cheddar or jack, or a combo the best.
- I suppose you could roll them by putting the onion, cheese, chicken and chilies in the tortillas, then cover the whole thing with the sauce and additional cheese.