Recipe type: Bread
- ½ cup warm water
- 2 pkgs. yeast
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 3½ oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- ½ cup margarine, melted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 cup flour
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 6 tsp. cinnamon
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup. margarine, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. milk
- In a small bowl, combine water, yeast and sugar.
- Stir until dissolved; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix up pudding according to package directions.
- To this add melted margarine, eggs and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add yeast mixture; blend well.
- Gradually add flour, cover, and let rise in a warm place till double in bulk.
- Punch down, and let rise again.
- Punch down.
- Roll out dough on a very large floured surface.
- Dough should roll out to a long rectangle about 34-21 inches in size.
- Take 1 cup of melted margarine, and spread over entire dough surface.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over top of dough.
- Roll dough up very tightly.
- Measure every 2", and score lightly with a knife.
- Using a thread or string (dental floss works well), place under dough at each scored line, bring thread up and over top of dough, crisscross, and pull string tightly to give a nice clean quick cut.
- Take each roll into the palm of your hand, and gently pack the roll (this keeps it from coming apart during baking).
- Place each roll in a buttered baking pan, and allow to rise in a warm place.
- Bake in a preheated, 425⁰ oven, for 15-20 minutes.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE!!!!! Frost rolls when still warm.
- Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth. Spread on very warm rolls.
- Optional: Add finely ground nuts and/or raisins into the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.