Chicken/Turkey a la King
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 30 mins
- 4 Tbs. Butter
- 2 Stalks Celery
- 1 Small Onion
- 1 tsp. Chicken Base or Bouillon
- 4 Tbs. Flour
- 4 c. Milk
- Salt and Pepper
- In a medium saucepan, sauté celery and onion in butter.
- Add chicken base and flour to the butter and stir for one minute.
- Gradually add milk and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until thick.
- Then add chicken or turkey and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice or toast.
*I like to put the bouillon in the butter before adding anything else – it dissolves better. Also, Mrs. Dash or just a little basil works well. (Note from Jenny)