Recipe courtesy of Beth Setrakian.
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 Tbsp. unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 6 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. fresh lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 350⁰. Mix together butter, powdered sugar, and flour until well blended. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Sift together sugar, flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add eggs, lemon juice and lemon rind. Beat by hand or with electric mixer until well blended. Pour mixture over crust and bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow bars to cool, then dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares.