Recipe from FamilyCircle.com 8/22/2005 Makes: 8 servings (16 pancakes total) For $1.11. Prep: 5 minutes. Cook: About 4 minutes per batch.
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 8 Servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 1¾ cups milk
- ½ cup Libby's Solid Pack Pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Topping (optional):
- Maple syrup and chopped nuts
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in large bowl.
- Mix together milk, pumpkin, egg, and oil in small bowl.
- Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened; batter may be lumpy.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat. Brush lightly with oil. Pour ¼ cup batter onto griddle for each pancake; flatten slightly with back of spoon to 4- to 5-inch diameter. Cook until bubbles form on surface and begin to burst, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip over; continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter. Top with maple syrup and chopped nuts if desired.[
Serving size: 2 pancakes Calories: 202 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 30g Sodium: 446g Fiber: 2g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 34mg