Corn and Beans
This was inspired by Becky's Corn and Bean Relish.
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1-2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 16 oz. can beans (pintos, black, or whatever)
- 1 can chopped chilies
- In a little bit of olive oil, sauté onion and garlic.
- Add corn, beans, and chiles.
- Let heat through.
- Just before serving, stir in 1-2 tbs. heavy cream, if you like.
Emily and I had a hard time deciding whether to add the cream or not. It was very good both ways. It doesn't get creamy, but the cream pulls it more together.